We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Our Souls + Our Screens”, part 1 of the SOUL + SPIRIT + SCREENS message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Mark 6:30-32 TPT, Mark 4:1-20 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Next week is Destiny’s 23rd birthday! Do you remember your 23rd birthday? What happened?
- What happened during your 23rd year on this planet? What were you doing? What were you like?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Name a time when you’ve found yourself “in over your head”.
- Do you feel that you might be “in over your head” with the technology in your life?
- Do you feel that the world of information has invaded every moment of your life? If not, do you know people that are saturated with information?
Choose a question to create openness.
- When was the last time you went out with friends or were hanging out with family and actually connected with them?
- Social anxiety aside, do you feel you are missing something by not really connecting with people?
Be bold and pray with power.
- Jesus! You are my source! Not technology. Not information. Not distraction. You are my source! Jesus, I pray that You would help me to put the technology in my life in the place it belongs: As a tool to help enrich my life, not to distract me from living my life. Jesus, draw my focus back to You and Your people where it belongs. Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Ask yourself: Who in my life would be willing to put tech away and spend time together being human?
- What steps would it take for you to be less owned by your technology?
- Take some steps this week to refocus your life on more lasting pursuits than our 24-hour news cycle allows.