We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Fear of Where I Stand With God”, Part 3 of the FEAR NOT message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- In what ways might you feel distant from God?
- What steps do you need to take to focus less on religion and more on your relationship with Christ?
- How have you been changed by the Good N
ewsof Jesus Christ?
- With your Bible or your Bible App, read and discuss Luke 2:8-11 and Romans 3:20-24.
- Are there certain times in your life or certain situations where you feel more distant from God than others? If so, what are they?
- What does your relationship with Christ look like right now? What’s good and what might need improvement?
- Describe how you came to know that you needed a savior.
- Pastor Shawn said that religion focuses more on the external, while Jesus focuses on the internal. Which are you more focused on? The external or the internal? Explain.
- Who do you know that needs to hear the G
oodNews of Jesus Christ this Christmas? What can you do to share the Good News with them?
Daily Bible Readings:
Take steps toward fully obeying what God is asking you to do or believe by reading and meditating on the following Bible passages this week.
- Day 1: Luke 2:1-7
- Day 2: Luke 2:8-21
- Day 3: Romans 3:9-20
- Day 4: Romans 3:21-31
- Day 5: Ephesians 2:1-10
- Day 6: Romans 10:5-17
- Day 7: John 3:16-21