In the month of March 2020, Americans have seen coronavirus invade our country. And, it has changed our way of life, at least for a while. There is no need to panic, but there is a need to plan well and wisely. This is not just sports teams, businesses, or our school campuses, but also our church, your family, and you. Please read through our current response below:
BEFORE YOU COME
- If you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 7 days, such as high fever, dry cough, loss of smell and taste, sore throat, muscle pain, or chills, please remain home and join us via the live-stream. In addition, please submit a prayer request so we can contend for your healing!
- If you have been recently and knowingly exposed to COVID-19, please remain at home and watching the live-stream.
- Wearing masks is not required. If you would like to wear a mask, you are encouraged to do so. We will leave this decision up to your own conscience and judgment and will honor whatever decision you make. Masks will be available for you to pick up in the entry area.
- Our staff will sanitize the sanctuary and all entry doors before every gathering time.
- Our kitchen area in the sanctuary is closed off for volunteer use only.
- Our plan is to make operational decisions in phases. We will re-assessing every couple of weeks.
- On-site nursery care and ministry are available.
- On-site children’s ministry is available.
- Children also have the option to stay with their families/guardians during service. Destiny will provide some worship tools/activities for your children to use. We will have a limited amount of round tables in the back of the sanctuary reserved for families with small children.
- Our on-site Wednesday night nursery, children, and teen ministries are meeting in-person.
- Connect with what our children’s ministry is offering online.
- Connect with what our youth ministry is offering online.
- Get more details on the safety precautions our NextGen department is taking for on-site ministry.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Please be gracious as to allow space (CDC guideline is 3 feet) for social distancing, where it can be allowed. There are some that will be attending that will feel more comfortable if you give them that space.
- We will have a church team member at the doors to greet you, and to hold the door open.
- You are encouraged to use hand sanitizer, which will be available upon entry.
- Giving envelopes and Connect Cards may be picked up at the Welcome Area while entering and dropped off in a secure dropbox location that will be placed at the exit.
- When choosing your seats, consider allowing for empty chairs between your family/household and others outside your family/household when seated in the same row.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE
- Please practice social distancing (CDC guideline is 3 feet) with those not in your immediate family/household, unless express permission is given.
- If you DO want to hug or touch someone, please ask them first to make sure they are comfortable with it. This is a way to honor those that are attending. Show lots of grace.
- We want to allow freedom for you to worship and dance. Please be aware of the space between yourself and other worshippers.
- Prayer and ministry times will not include physical touch without express permission.
- Details about events, updates, etc. can always be found at mydestiny.family, subscribing to our e-news, text updates, and on social media. You can sign up for these services on our Subscribe and Follow page. You can also download fill-in-the-blank notes each week.
- If you must cough, please cough into your elbow or sleeve.
- All high traffic touchpoints, surfaces, and bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized before each service.
- Please show grace for all the various members of our church family. If someone is wearing a mask, show grace. If someone is not wearing a mask, show grace. In all situations: show grace.
WHEN YOU DEPART
- Please use the designated EXIT and ENTRY ways to help with flow.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within a couple of days after our church service, or at any other on-site Destiny gathering, please contact the church office at (605) 348-7958 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONNECT GROUPS AND SMALL GROUP GATHERINGS
- We are going to trust our Connect Group and class leaders to use wisdom in gathering and leading your communities. As a part of the Destiny family, please follow health guidelines when meeting on-site and/or off. Take into consideration the size of our classrooms when making these decisions. Talk to the Destiny staff about the possible use of other, larger spaces on-site, if available.
- Please use extra precautions if serving food. Please do your best to match food/health guidelines.
- If you use a room in our facility, including the kitchen areas, please sanitize when you are finished.