We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, we aim to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from the message “Under the Blood, Or Under the Rug?” with Pastor Lyle Robinson.
- John 10:27-30
- Psalm 23
- Matthew 5:23-24
- James 5:13-16
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- Define: recovery, grace, testimony
- What does recovery look like in your life?
- What are you not talking about?
- Should you be talking about it? explain
- Are you giving or receiving grace?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Where in your life might God be working or wanting to work?
- Is there someone you need to forgive? (Include yourself as well in the list if it applies)
- What are you willing to door let go of to gain your real, God-given freedom?
- Where do you go for your freedom or strength/power? Explain
Choose a question to create openness.
- Have you shared your complete testimony with a trusted friend?
- When you are hurt or need comfort/ acceptance, where or to whom do you go?
- Are you living a life that God can highlight you to another person and thus affect them for a better future? Explain.
Be bold and pray with power.
Thank you for being with me even when I was not at my best. Please help me see your hand in and through my life. Thank you for showing me my value to you and who you created me to be both now and in the future.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Pray for Shawn, Deanna, and family. Also, pray for our church and the changes in the future as we seek God’s face and his plans. then determine what your part may be.
- Write down your testimony and share it with another, even if it is for a future generation.
- Seek God for 1) how he sees you, 2) if there is someone you need to forgive, and 3) how to apply His Grace to all those in your life- including yourself.
- Ask God to show you those who are hurting, then what he would like for you to do for them, and then do it even if it is to pay- send/hand them a note stating you were praying for them.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.