We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, we aim to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from the message “Acquitted.” with Nathan Alyea.
- John 10:7-10
- John 5:39-47
- Matthew 5
- Romans 7:1-6
- Romans 6:6-7
- John 15:5
- Matthew 10:39
- John 6:37
- Romans 8:33-35,38-39
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- Define: Acquitted, Guilt, abide, shame, submit, humble
- What does it look like or feel like to be acquitted?
- What is might your life look like if you were acquitted of your guilt and shame?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Does God accuse you/us?
- What is or may the purpose of the laws of God?
- What Has God paid for in your life?
- What have you submitted to God?
- What do you need to submit to God?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Have you taken or talked to God about the guilt you feel? Explain
- How thankful are you for what God has done for you?
- How do you get rid or shed yourself of guilt?
- Does Grace equal Discipline? Explain
Be bold and pray with power.
Teach me about your vision of me and how I fit into your plan of abundance. Please reveal what your abundance looks like. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Pray for Shawn, Deanna, and family.
- Do a word study on “abundance” or “Freedom”
- Journal with God to determine if you are running to or from God and what that looks like.
- Explore the idea that if you were to stand before God…Would you be acquitted, found guilty, or something else? Journal about this.
- Explore with God what abundance looks like in your life.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.