We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, we aim to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from the message, “Healing That Flows From Intimacy,” with Pastor Valerie Link.
- Proverbs 3:5-6
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- Describe/define the various types of knowing God or a person.
- Define Intimacy, trust, and what is needed for both.
- How would you rate, on a scale of 1-10-with 10 being best, how well you know each person in your life? Now include God.
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Using the same scale used above, where would you be if God were to rate you? Remember to include grace in your answer.
- When dealing with intimacy, what rules apply to whom, including God?
- Are these rules “Good” or “Bad”?
Choose a question to create openness.
- How much of your life have you submitted to God? Wounds? Joys?
- When Life becomes complicated and you need to talk, who is the first person that comes to mind? Why?
- If you were one of the disciples that walked with Jesus when he was on earth, who would it be? Why? (Remember, this is for intimacy only.)
- How active has God been in your life? (You might need to review your journal.)
Be bold and pray with power.
Reveal to me how much you can be trusted with and in my life. Show me the area(s) you want to improve and how much I trust you. Teach me that I can come to you with all my cares. Please help me to come to you first, without any reservations or inhabitations. Thank you for your love.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Pray for Shawn, Deanna, and family.
- Do a word study using the word “trust” or “Heart”.
- Take note of who you go to when you need to share something, then journal with God why that is.
- Challenge yourself to go to God with everything first. Journal about it. Then at the end of the week/month take note the changes which have happened in your life.
- Spend time each day with God asking him to reveal how he sees your heart. Then wait and watch for his answer.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.