We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, we aim to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from the message, “Freedom from the Venom of Unforgiveness ,” with Ray Phipps.
- Luke 17:1
- Matthew 18:7
- Matthew 18:23-25
- Genesis 26:17
- Exodus 32:31-32
- Job 42
- Matthew 6:14-15
- Mark 11:25-26
- Luke 23:34
- John 14:12
- 2 kings 2:6
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- Define: forgiveness, unforgiveness, offense, and grudge.
- What may be the characteristics of someone with unforgiveness? Forgiveness?
- What may be some of the reasons not to forgive?
- why may we feel that forgiving is a one-time event (instant) and not a process?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- If someone were to tell you they could not forgive_________, how would you react to that person?
- How do you determine to forgive or not to forgive?
- What may be some of the side effects of unforgiveness?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Are there any limitations to forgiveness?
- Do you have unforgiveness in your life? Explain.
- How would God see your heart concerning the forgiving process?
Be bold and pray with power.
Reveal to me the areas you want to work on so I may know the freedom forgiveness offers. Help me learn to forgive more easily. God, I forgive you for not living up to my expectations.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Pray for Shawn, Deanna, and family.
- Do a word study using the word “Forgiveness”.
- Spend time with God and ask him who you might need to forgive.
- Become aware of how you react to others and your forgiving process. then journal about it.
- Ask God to show you his view on forgiveness.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.