We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, we aim to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from the message, “Prayer That Makes A Difference,” with Pastor Jim Waldrop.
- Psalm 91
- Mark 1:35
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- How has God been challenging you?
- What are your security points/markers?
- In your heart of hearts, how much do you trust God?
- What does taking refuge in God look like?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Do you believe God will answer your prayers? Explain
- Is prayer part of your devotions?
- Define: Devotions, Meditate, Complacency
Choose a question to create openness.
- If Jesus were to be physically on the earth, what would you do to spend time with him?
- When you pray, do you allow time for God to talk?
- How good are your listening skill when it comes to God? Explain
Be bold and pray with power.
Teach me where I need to communicate better with you. I want to give you time to speak to me and tell me what is on your heart. Show me where to improve my prayer life with you and how to make the changes.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Evaluate the following: 1) the time I pray. 2) the place(s) I pray and if I am intention. 3) What is the purpose behind my prayers. 4) How do I worship you.
- Journal your conversations with God.
- Study when you pray, how you pray, and any possible motives.
- Talk to God about how what is happening in your life and how you feel about it.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.