We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, we aim to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from the message, “Staying Rooted and Grounded in Love,” with Pastor Patti Messer.
- Matthew 15:7
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- How is God beckoning you?
- What is your history with God?
- In what areas do you trust God? What areas does this trust need work?
- Where are you fearful or anxious?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Whose system are you operating in? God’s or the World’s? Explain.
- Do you live from your head or your heart? Explain.
- Describe your relationship with God.
Choose a question to create openness.
- Have you asked God to love you?
- What may God loving you look like?
Be bold and pray with power.
Show me how much You love me. Search my heart so I can work with You to fix what is wrong, even if it is to let You do it all. Thank You for loving me, even when I feel unlovable.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Set time aside to be with God daily (for the purpose of letting God love you), and be alert to how He loves you.
- Research the “heart-brain”, and then notice how it is working in your life.
- Explore Judgment from various aspects of your life. Is it for “I should _________.” Or for God to diagnose the issues of your heart.
- Explore, with God, what your love relationship may look like, what it is based on, and how it may affect the various areas of your life.
- Journal your relationship with God: do this to determine what the basis is?
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.