We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, we aim to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from the message, “Bear-Sized Transformation”, part 2 of the THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- James 2:26; 1:1
- Ephesians 2:8-9
- Matthew 13:53-57
- Mark 3:20-21
- John 7:1-5
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
- Galatians 2:9
- Acts 12:17; 15:13
- Romans 10:9
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- If you were to paint a picture of what is going on inside of you (in your heart of hearts), what would it look like?
- If you were to write a letter, like one of those in the epistles, how would you introduce yourself?
- What is important to you? What God says you are, what you think you are, or what other people think or say about you?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- What was your life like before Christ? Has your life changed?
- What has your life with Christ been like?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Where do you need God to invade your life radically?
- Are there areas in life where you are going through the motions?
- Have you released these areas into God’s hands? Explain.
Be bold and pray with power.
Help me see the real from the false in my life. Teach me how to become more real with You, myself, and others.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Research the historical Jesus.
- Read the book of James in one sitting for a week and record what Holy Spirit speaks to you.
- Set time aside daily to seek God and ask Him how He wants to be active in your life.
- Pull out your journal and reread your entries with the eyes of finding God’s hand at work in your life. Then start to record what you see God doing in your life and others.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.