We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from part 2 of the EVERYDAY JOY series, “Finding Joy”, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- John 15:11
- Philippians 4:4
- Galatians 5:16-26
- Philippians 3:1
- Philippians 4:10-13
- Philippians 2:2-4, 14-15
- Philippians 3:7-8
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- Define jealousy, selfishness, entitlement, arrogance, shame, guilt, and gratefulness.
- If you have time, review your life to determine if any of the above has taken root. Explain which ones and how they started or stopped.
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Has your joy been stolen?
- What has stolen your joy?
- Is your focus bringing you a joyful heart? Explain.
Choose a question to create openness.
- What, if anything, needs to die to gain a joyful heart?
- What is your reaction if you do not get what you wanted or requested? Would God get the glory?
- Where are you applying grace? Are you on that list?
Be bold and pray with power.
Help me to see the people and their hearts when I do not get what I think I deserve, or what I have requested. Teach me how to apply grace to others, and my circumstances, and include myself as well. Enable me to make better choices where I made wrong, bad, or inappropriate ones.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Research the wine-making process. Then determine where in that process God has you.
- Start and keep a gratitude journal. Then put it in a place where you can access it easily.
- Evaluate your life to determine if your life has balance, you are seeking Jesus, where you need to be more grateful, and where you need to do things differently. Then start making the changes.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.