We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from part 2 of the EVERYDAY JOY series, “Finding Joy”, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- John 15
- Proverbs 14:12
- Isaiah 55:2
- Matthew 16:26
- Psalms 51:12
- Psalm 91:2
- Psalm 103:2
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- What are your expectations of a joyful experience?
- Where do you find joy?
- What brings you joy and/or satisfaction?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Are you walking in God’s will or your will? Explain.
- What is the most valuable possession? What would your reaction be if you lost it?
Choose a question to create openness.
- If God were looking for you, where would He find you?
- How have you experienced God’s grace? if you do not think you have, what do you think it might look like?
- Have you ever had a negative emotion over an experience? Explain.
- What is your testimony of God’s work in your life?
Be bold and pray with power.
Thank You that You are active in my life and always have been. Help me to see You daily working to bring me your grace and joy. Teach me how to share it with others.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Take out your journal and review it to see how God has been active in your life.
- Watch/read Chris Bruce’s story at mydestiny.family/chris, and then ask God what your reactions would/have been in a similar difficult situation.
- Determine where you find joy in your life.
- Start a journey with God to determine where your joy is.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.