TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH
- Dates: Saturday, August 5 to Saturday, August 12, 2023
- Cost: $1,500, to include travel, lodging, and food (details will be discussed)
- Age: Must be a teenager, if traveling alone; if parents are coming, we can potentially include younger students with their supervision/permission
- Current traveling requirements (subject to change): Passport and a Covid-19 Vaccine Card and/or negative Covid test
- Group Meetings: We will plan to meet at least every other month to pray and grow as a team before our trip.
- Fundraising Support: Our missions team is committed to helping financially assist those who plan to go with several fundraising ideas and group opportunities.
- Registration Deadline: The application and $100 deposit must be turned in by Sunday, August 21.
- You can alternatively print and submit your application in person: PDF Application
- All applicants must also print and sign Medical and Liability Release forms (PDF)
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Flexibility is key to enjoying and loving missions.
- Tiffany Mares of Via Love International will be our leader on-site in Honduras.
- Flight options will be researched, but it is typical to fly into the airport at San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
- Honduras is known as “the murder capital of the world” and has more murders per capita than any other country in the world. Violence, poverty, and drug trafficking are a few of the realities that make Honduras a very dark place to live. However, in the midst of darkness, God’s light is shining bright! There are many strong believers and churches very much alive in the power of God. As we work alongside these brothers and sisters, we know that God not only has plans to restore Honduras, but also to bring about a revival and reformation in Honduras that will change this world.
- Typical team efforts could potentially include working with Via Love through the various avenues of:
- feeding programs
- VBS ministries
- ministering in poor neighborhoods
- community outreach
- sharing your personal testimony in churches and in outreach
- visiting orphans/orphanages
- hospital ministry
- prison ministry
- worship opportunities
- service projects
The idea is to just be open, ready, and willing to serve and minister. Holy Spirit will empower you!
- Expect to be stretched, and for your faith to grow in leaps and bounds. Your heart will be expanded. And you will come back with a different outlook on life and ministry.
- The impact of this effort will be felt in Honduras. But maybe, the most lasting change will happen in your own spirit — your own life. This is an investment in both.