We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from THE ROAD TO JERICHO, with special guest speaker, Nick Reid.
- Luke 10:23-37
- Deuteronomy 6:5
- Leviticus 19:18
- John 8:48
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- What do we have to do with the patriarchs?
- Define lawyer, in terms of present-time and Jesus’ time.
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Who or what was the Sanhedrin?
- Has God ever answered a question with another question or a story? What was your response?
- What does loving your neighbor look like?
Choose a question to create openness.
- When it comes to your faith and walking it out, which do you lean on or go to most? Religion, the law (“I have to…”), or relationship?
- When you need help, who do you look to the most? Explain.
- What do you do when others try to insult you?
- Who is binding up your wounds or carrying your burdens? Explain.
Be bold and pray with power.
Thank You for not leaving me on the side of the road, hurt and needing help. Thank You for binding up my wounds and taking me to a safe place. Thank You for even paying for my care. Help me to see others who need Your help and care. Guide me in what to do and help me direct them to You.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Evaluate where your life is and who you go to for the strength of each day.
- Evaluate your responses to God’s questions, statements, or directions
- Spend time asking God how He sees a difficult person or situation in your life.
- Look for ways to serve others, listen to another without needing to respond, bind up the wounds of another, etc.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.