We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from part 2 of the DON’T BE GROSS series, “As We Grow”, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- 1 Corinthians 12:27
- Matthew 14:13-36
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- How do you define: comfort, comfort zone, to serve, miracle, and Body of Christ?
- What do you believe about the church?
- What does it look like to serve in the church or body of Christ?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Which disciple of Jesus would you be?
- What would your thoughts or speech be when Jesus told you to feed the crowd? Explain.
- What would you say or think when you saw a figure walking on the water during a storm?
- Would those words change if it was a storm in your life?
Choose a question to create openness.
- How do you view another who is in a storm and needing something they cannot provide for themselves?
- When asked to do something, do you use excuses or a limitation to get out? Or real factual reasons?
- Do you ever desire to be part of a movement of God?
- Do you have skill which may need work? Explain.
Be bold and pray with power.
Please, not only invite me to come out of my comfort zone, but give me the strength and boldness to follow You where I have never followed before.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Evaluate which talent or skills you have, and which one God would like for you to join in exercising?
- Evaluate where your comfort zone ends.
- Take note whether/how often you use excuses to not do something.
- Find an area to serve at Destiny.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.