We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from part 1 of the DON’T BE GROSS series, “How To Engage In Serving the Church”, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- 1 Corinthians 12
- Matthew 16:18
- John 1:5
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- How do you define: gross, love (both conditional and unconditional), stewardship, and kingdom?
- If Jesus lived today, would His movement be labeled a cult? Explain. Would you be a part of it? Explain.
- What do you know about His kingdom and its ways?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- What does” love” look like in your world?
- How different is it from God’s unconditional love?
- How might unconditional love be lived out in your world?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Where does our sense of right and wrong originate?
- Where/who is the church? Is it relevant in today’s society?
- What part of the body of Christ are you using your giftings or talents?
- Are you using your influence for God, yourself, or the world? Is it for unity or disunity?
Be bold and pray with power.
Open my eyes to see me and others as You see them. Give me the boldness to not just pray the tough prayers, but to make any changes You say I need to make — including forgiving those I need to, and being Your light to others. Thank You for not giving up on me and helping me to not give up on others and myself.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Engage in the church (ecclesia) by 1) listening for the “come sit with me” opportunities, 2) Participating in Connect Groups or with others, and 3) volunteering somewhere.
- Evaluate where you exercise your influence the most.
- Take note of where you place your faith and the motives of what you do.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.