We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from part 1 of THE GRUDGE series, “I’m Just Over It”, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- 1 Samuel 1
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- What does disappointment look like?
- What goes a grudge against God look like?
- Has God ever disappointed you?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- Have you ever made a bargain with God?
- Have you ever asked God for something only to hear or watch someone else get what you prayed for?
- What were your feelings, thoughts, etc?
Choose a question to create openness.
- What are some of the promises you have received from God?
- How do you expect God to fulfill those promises?
- How do you, or should you, respond to those who have received what you are praying for?
- Have you given up on what God has told you would happen?
Be bold and pray with power.
Thank You for not giving up or forgetting me. I chose to forgive You for not doing what I expected You to do in the way I expected You to do. I release the expectations I have of how You are going to fulfill the promises. I will be ever watchful for the answers and rejoice, as best I can, with those who receive the answer to their prayers/promises. I will rest in Your timing.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Make a list or review the promises God has given to you.
- Examine your life for areas where your trust/faith is becoming or has weakened.
- Do a word study on faith.
- Read a story on how one of the patriarchs overcame an issue in their life.
- Talk to Holy Spirit about how He sees your life — the changes He would like to help you make. Record what He tells you.
- Ask for help to determine how ready and willing you are to respond to what He asks of you.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.