We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s Easter message, “Road to the Cross: Were You There?”, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Matthew 21:1 – 28:20
- Mark 14:1-16:20
- Luke 19:28 – 22:49
- John 12:12 – 20:24
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter.
- What do you remember of the events of the last week of Jesus’ life on earth?
- What was the location of the events of Jesus’ last week on earth?
- If you were to be part of all the activities of “Holy Week”, as one person, who would it be? Explain why.
- One of the events of Passover week, in the Jewish community, is called a “Seder”. Have you been to one?
Ask a question to get you/your group thinking.
- As you followed Jesus, would His requests and actions be considered unusual or normal? Explain.
- If the events of Passover week were to happen today, would it be considered normal? Explain.
- If you were a news reporter or a research assistant working on a story, what would your report consist of?
- Same premise as the above question: What would you leave out? If anything. Explain.
Choose a question to create openness.
- As an observer at the “Last Supper”, and not knowing the results, what would you be thinking or feeling about Judas suddenly leaving?
- After the meal and a walk to Gethsemane, what would your first thoughts be upon being woke up to the sound of soldiers approaching?
- You are part of the crowd watching the crucifixion. What would/could your thoughts/feelings/emotions be with the sudden darkness, followed by Jesus words and His death?
- After you watch Jesus pass into eternity, then you suddenly hear of Him not being in the tomb, or seeing Him appear with you in a locked room. What is your response?
- What would you require to believe that Jesus did raise from the dead as He said?
Be bold and pray with power.
Please make Jesus’ death and resurrection real in my life. Help me to see the purpose, the power, and the authority that was bought by His death. Thank You for the price You paid.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Review the promises Father God has made. Take note of the ones He has answered.
- Examine what it would take for you to believe in the impossible.
- Ask God to show you where you need His insights, power, and wisdom the most.
- Talk to Holy Spirit about how He sees your life — the changes He would like to help you make — and record what He tells you.
- Ask help to determine how ready and willing you are to respond to what He asks of you.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.