We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Break My Alabaster Box”, part 4 of the POWERFUL PRAYERS series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Matthew 17:20
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Define: faith and hope.
- Where do you have your eyes focused?
- Where have you placed your hope?
- How would you respond for those whose motives are not as pure as they seem?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- If God were to ask you to do something outside of your comfort zone, how much, if any, would you do?
- Who do you live life for?
- How usable is your life for God’s purposes? Explain
- How willing are you to obey God? explain
Start sharinGChoose a question to create openness.
- How much trust do you have in God?
- If another were to tell your story, what might they say?
- How much do you trust God?
- When do you praise God the most? Explain
Be bold and pray with power.
Help me to see me and my life as you see it. Enable me to make the changes I truly need to make. Thank You for giving me the power, authority, and wisdom to make the changes and expand my borders.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Ask God to reveal where your heart is or what you hold dear in your heart. Journal the answer.
- Pray/plan to go on the trip to Honduras next year.
- Talk to Holy Spirit about how He sees your life, the changes He would like to help you make, and record what He tells you.
- Attend one of the prayer meetings in your church or community (Destiny prayer gatherings: Tuesdays at 12:00 pm, Thursdays at 4:30 pm, and Sundays at 9:30 am).
- Ask help to determine how ready and willing you are to respond to what He asks of you.
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.