We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Missing God’s Favor”, part 7 of the DON’T WASTE YOUR LIFE series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Psalm 5:12
- Psalm 30:5
- Isaiah 61:2
- Ephesians 1:6
- Luke 2:52
- 1 John 4:16-17
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Define favor, love, and testimony.
- What does/would favor look like in your life?
- What has God done in your life? Write it in a list, no matter how small you see it.
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What default settings do you need to change?
- How would you change a default setting in your life?
- If God were to paint a picture of you, what would it look like?
Choose a question to create openness.
- What does the love of God Look like in your life?
- Do you need to leave something behind or release it into the hands of God?
- Tell of a situation you called impossible, but God did it anyway — or even in a way you did not think about.
- If God had a wallet or a photo album, whose photo would He point to? Why?
Be bold and pray with power.
Thank You that you are working in my life even if I do not see it. Help me to view myself as you see me. Show me your handiwork in my life, even if you need to heal my eyes to see it. Show me who you want me to be each day and in each situation in my life. Thank You for enabling me to change my default settings.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Declare daily: “All the time, God is good to ME!”
- Declare daily: “I am blessed and highly favored.”
- Ask God how He sees you, and write it down.
- Ask God to experience who He is in your situation, and then write it down.
- Look for what God is doing, and then partner with Him.
- Take thoughts captive when you find them: “I take the thought of__________ captive and replace that thought with __________.”
- Pick one or two of those options and take steps to walk them out this week.