We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Your Influence”, part 5 of the DON’T WASTE YOUR LIFE series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- 1Kings 5:1-15
- Ephesians 5:15-18
- Esther 4:13-14
- Matthew 25:33
- Galatians 5
- Ephesians 4:15-32
- Romans 8:26-27
- Ephesians 3
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Define “influence” and “to effect something”.
- Who has the final word on decisions and family matters?
- What are the influences you have?
- Are there any other verses or Bible stories not mentioned which come to mind?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What does speaking the truth in love look like?
- Which is more important: what you know about God or your experiences with God? Why?
- Which is more important: being known or doing what God says to do, even if no one knows who you are?
- If you could change something in your life, with regards to the use of your influence, what would you change? What would it be and why?
Choose a question to create openness.
- How do you think Joseph used his influence?
- If you took advantage of every opportunity to use your influence to refocus another’s attention, what would it look like?
- What would it take to see every opportunity to influence another person?
- How much influence, if any, does Holy Spirit have in your life and opportunities? How do you know?
- At the end of each day, what would God say about your use of the influence He provided you?
Be bold and pray with power.
Thank You that You are always encouraging me to become more like You and see things from Your perspective. Enable me to see each situation as You would have me. Help me to be less critical of my mistakes and missed opportunities and more gracious with others and myself. Thank You for walking through these changes with me.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
ASK THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW NOT TO WASTE YOUR INFLUENCE:
- Are you carrying a positive belief/attitude into every situation you walk into?
- Do you use your words to build up others according to their needs?
- How easily do you forgive others?
- Do you speak the “truth in Love” according to views of the other person?
- Do you look for ways to be generous in all situations?
- How often and in what manner do you pray for others?
- Pick one or two of those and take steps to answer that question in your place of work or influence.