We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Your Work”, part 3 of the DON’T WASTE YOUR LIFE series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Colossians 3:23
- John 21:25
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Define “Platform” with regards to you and your employment.
- Who do you work for? You, the employer, or God?
- What may be involved in stewarding your employment?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Would God be pleased with the work you do?
- Can you worship at your place of employment?
- What if you work at home or care for children, as opposed to working outside of the home? Can God be glorified and worshiped?
- How does this affect others at your place of employment?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Name the rewards you may be able to receive at your place of employment working for yourself? Then, working for God?
- How efficient are you?
- What may be required to be efficient at your job?
- Name some of the distractors at your place of employment.
- How do you view your job?
- What is your main emotion, if any, when you think of your job?
- Would Father God be pleased and glorified with the type of work you do? Why or why not?
Be bold and pray with power.
Thank you for never leaving me or forsaking me. Show me how I can improve my work and become more efficient. Help me to see distractions and remove them. Thank you for giving me the ability and means to provide for my expenses.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
ASK THE 6 BIG QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW NOT TO WASTE YOUR WORK:
- What more can I give?
- What more can I learn?
- How can I personally advance the vision?
- How can I shine?
- Who can I help today?
- Where is my reward?
- Pick one or two of those and take steps to answer that question in your place of work or influence.