We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Leveling the Playing Field”, part 2 of the IT’S ALL GOOD message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Luke 16:16 NIV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Name the various holidays/religious celebrations/events which are observed during this time of year.
- What was your favorite holiday at this time of year? Why do you think that is?
- Do you have some pics or video to share? Tell us about them.
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- How would you explain your answers to the two opening questions from this Sunday’s message? They were: 1) Is it (Christianity) true? And 2) Is it good?
- Is there a standard/message you might consider good but someone else might consider not good?
- What do you think Peter was doing in the boat while Jesus was talking to the crowd?
Choose a question to create openness.
- What would it take for someone to feel important or special?
- Was there a time when Father God/Jesus/Holy Spirit revealed something new that caused you to re-evaluate your perspective or something you were taught? Explain
- What do you think might have been the reason Jesus asked Peter to toss out the nets again?
- Has God ever asked you to do something that did not make sense, like he did with Peter? What was the results?
- In light of current events, what would unconditional love look like?
Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank you for your unconditional love and all that you provide for me (us). Help me (us) to become examples of your love, to become good news to someone else. Enable me (us) to see others from your perspective. Thank you for loving me when I was acting unlovable.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Think about, and journal, some practical daily rhythms you can put in your life to follow Jesus, not simply believe in Him.
- Ask God to show you how to follow Jesus in your school, workplace, family, etc. — how you can be Good News wherever you go.