We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Is It Really?”, part 1 of the IT’S ALL GOOD message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Luke 16:16 NIV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What was your favorite part about Thanksgiving week this year? Why do you think that is?
- Do you have some pics or video to share? Tell us about them.
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- How would you explain your answers to the two opening questions from this Sunday’s message? They were: 1) Is it (Christianity) true? And, 2) Is it good?
Choose a question to create openness.
- The statement, “Jesus was good news of great joy to all people” was really good news to the people who first heard it. Why do you think it isn’t as widely received as good news in our American culture today?
- Explain how the Good News has been significant and/or good in your life.
- What is the difference between simply believing in Jesus and following Jesus?
- How counter-cultural is it to both “be good” and “do good” to those around us, even if they hate or mistreat you? Why do you think Jesus asks us to love everybody?
Be bold and pray with power.
Father, I want to be Good News to the world around me. Help me to not only be transformed by Your goodness but also do good unto others and to those in my community and the world beyond. Thank You for coming to our world and shining Your light so bright, so that, now, I can go and do the same.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Think about, and journal, some practical daily rhythms you can put in your life to follow Jesus, not simply believe in Him.
- Ask God to show you how to follow Jesus in your school, workplace, family, etc. — how you can be Good News wherever you go.