We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Grace and Truth”, part 7 of the RAPID CITY ON A HILL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Matthew 7 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Do you have a rhythm of giving thanks in your life? All year round? Tell us about it.
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- How would you summarize Jesus? Do you agree with John — that Jesus was full of grace and truth?
Choose a question to create openness.
- The devil roams about like a lion. Why do you think he would use a spirit of judgmentalism, criticism, and nitpicking to run ramptant in culture? What is the end goal?
- Jesus tells us that self-assessment and introspection is important. Why do you think He reminds us of this?
- What is it that Jesus is telling us when He says, “Ask…, seek…, and knock…?”
Be bold and pray with power.
Father, help me to live with the confidence of a child when I come to You. Remind me that You are full of grace and truth; and thus, I am to be as well. I am grateful.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Everything starts with knowing Him. How often do you have relational time set aside with Father God? Take some steps to prioritize that in your life.