We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Good Tool, Bad God”, part 6 of the RAPID CITY ON A HILL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Matthew 6:19-34 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What do you think about comic books and superhero movies? Do you enjoy? Why?
- Who is your Superman?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- If it is true that your bank and credit card statements point to what you value in your life, then what do they point to?
- Jesus starts talking about money in Matthew 6 and encourages us to “not lay up for yourselves treasures”. Why do you think scripture is anti-hourding?
Choose a question to create openness.
- If you are pursuing wealth, you are playing the wrong game and holding the wrong treasure. Why do you think we have a tendancy to take our valuable souls and aim them at something less than Jesus?
- The eye informs the heart, which begs the question: what are you beholding?
Be bold and pray with power.
Father God, I want to hold “things” and money loosely and be obedient to how You lead me to use them.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Trust in God for your finances and needs. He is a good and benevolent God. Be anxious for nothing. Put your trust in Him.
- God is pursuing you and wants to abide with you; rest in Him.