We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Conversation With A King”, part 5 of the RAPID CITY ON A HILL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Matthew 6:1-13 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- It’s time to start thinking about thanks! Have you ever taken every day of a month to write down or share things that you are thankful for? What was it like? If you haven’t, would you consider doing that this year?
- If you could hang out and have a conversation with anyone who is royalty, who would you pick?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Jesus starts Matthew chapter 6 by talking about the motivation behind what we do. Have you thought much before about WHY you give, or WHY you pray or fast? What is your motivation?
- Do you have a “secret place” established in your life — a time and a place where you set aside for conversation with the King of all kings? What does that look like for you?
Choose a question to create openness.
- How are you cultivating your relationship with the King of kings?
- Is praise a regular part of your time with Him? If not, why not? What does it look like, if so?
- Is forgiveness routine in your life? Both seeking it from God and others? Why or why not is it important to you?
Be bold and pray with power.
Father, I want the motivation behind what I do for You to be pure in Your sight. Help me to set aside time to hear from You. I want to be filled up, stirred up, and equipped by You. And I don’t want to forget to give You the praise that You are due. I bow my life to Your majesty and give you all of my praise!
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Set aside a specific place and time for cultivating relationship with your heavenly Father.
- Establish praising and worshiping God as a daily habit.
- When you pray, take time to listen and align your heart with God’s.
- Remind yourself to ask God for forgiveness and to forgive others.
- Know that the reward of time spent with God is time spent with the King!