We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Hassle of Love”, part 4 of the RAPID CITY ON A HILL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Matthew 5:43-48 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- So, about Halloween. What do you think about the holiday?
- Can you be good news in your neighborhood this weekend? Check out this article for some thoughts and ideas!
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Point #1 this weekend was that “we (as a culture) like hating people”. Do you agree? Why?
- Who are some enemies in your life? What do they look like?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Have you ever prayed for one of your enemies? Share your story.
- Has Jesus shown you grace when you didn’t deserve it? Explain.
- Do you see any of your enemies ever becoming your friends? Why or why not?
Be bold and pray with power.
Father, I want to love as you love. Period.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Take the three steps to love your enemies this week: 1) pray for them, 2) greet them, and 3) provide for them.