We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Posture of Blessing”, part 1 of the RAPID CITY ON A HILL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Matthew 5:3-16 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Let’s talk about Fall. Is this a season that you look forward to? Why?
- Do you ever take a drive to look at the changing of the seasons? Have you this season?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Do you have a manifesto for anything in your life? Have you ever took the time to think about The Sermon on the Mount to be a manifesto for followers of Jesus?
- Are the talking points from this week’s message — “Blessed are the ___________” — postures that you can lean into? Why or why not?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Did any of the verses from the beatitudes stick out to you this weekend? Which one(s)? How come?
- Does it come naturally to you to admit your need (even spiritually)?
- Have you lost your “salt seasoning”? Matthew 5:13 ESV says, “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored?” You are meant to be a preservative to a kingdom culture here on earth.
Be bold and pray with power.
Father, I want to be a bright light — a city on a hill — and salt seasoning to a bland and flavorless earth! Fill me up with Your glory so that I will shine! Stir up Your creativity in me so that I will bring flavor wherever I go! Thank you for choosing to use me as Your plan-A to grow the Kingdom of Heaven on planet earth. May I lean into the posture and attitude of being all that You have created me to be.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- List out the beatitudes. You can read through them again in Matthew 5. Are there any that Holy Spirit is leading you to focus on this week? Ask Him to help you.