We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Flip the Script”, part 4 of the MORE POWER-FULL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Acts 2:22-24, 36; 7:54-60; 8:1-3; 9:1-7, 15-16 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Is there drama in your life? Right now, or in the past?
- If you had the chance to change your story, would you?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Pastor Shawn talked about Jesus coming and flipping the script in the stories in the book of Acts and in personal stories. What do you think of that concept? How would you explain it to someone else?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Do you have a purpose in life that is big enough to dwarf anything negative that comes along in life? What is your purpose?
- This is the last message from our POWER-FULL message series. What have you learned about Holy Spirit’s purpose in your life? Do you feel Power-FULL?
- How is the Gospel story being shared through your everyday life? Share some examples.
Be bold and pray with power.
God, I don’t want to live for anything less than Your best for me. Fill me with Holy Spirit power to go above and beyond where I could ever go by myself. Open my ears and eyes to where You want to lead me, and give me the strength and boldness to follow without reservation. I am Yours!
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
One of the challenges from the message this week was to stop being guilty of living with a small purpose. Think about your driving life purpose. Are there some changes that you need to make in what steers your life steps? Ask God to flip your script, and then ask Him for wisdom to take those next steps.