We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Place-Maker”, part 2 of the MORE POWER-FULL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- John 14:1-4 ESV, Acts 2:1, 42-47 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- We’ve got a lot of new opportunities to plug in at Destiny! Have you looked at our online directory and found a place for you to get in community?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Have you ever thought about God as a Place-Maker before? Tell us about it. If not, why do you think that is?
- Does this revelation open up a new frame of reference for how you think about God? Why or why not?
Choose a question to create openness.
- One of the big take-aways from the talk this weekend is that God moves us from consumers to creators. Which category do you fall into when you think of your involvement with the church? What does it mean, to you, to be a creator? A place-maker?
- Have you ever thought about leading or hosting a Connect Group in your home before? What could that look like? What are you passionate about that you could lead a group in connecting with each other and with God? It could be almost anything! If God brings something to your mind, please consider filling out an application to lead a group at Destiny!
Be bold and pray with power.
God, I want to thank you for being a Place-Maker in our lives. I found you because of the places that You’ve drawn me to; help me to be a place-maker for the people that you bring into my life. I want to be an open door for You to move and work through!
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
The church will not experience the fullness of the move of Holy Spirit at the expense of you having a place in the move of God. Consider your place. Where is it? Are you functioning within the community of believers at Destiny? Take some steps this week to find your place.
- Attend the Finding Your Destiny Growth Track classes.
- Browse the Online Directory of Connect Groups and classes to plug into face-to-face community.
- Find a place to serve at Destiny.