We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Past is On the Mic”, part 5 of the DROP THE MIC message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Revelation 21:5 ESV, Isaiah 43:16-21 NIV, Colossians 3:1-4, 16 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- When you hear the word “past”, what is the first thing you think of?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What does it mean to you when you hear that God holds your future in His hands?
- Can you say, with confidence, that you have acknowledge and addressed your past?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Consider asking Jesus to reframe, restore, and heal those things that may need it. Where will you start? Think about it and ask someone else to pray with you through it.
- Remember the significance of community when it comes to healing from thngs in your past. Let the word of God dwell richly in your life and the people you surround yourself with. Hold up the mirror of God’s Word in each other lives and you will grow in wisdom. What are some ways you can help cultivate that in your circle?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, please step into my past and shine a light in every dark place that I have let linger. I want to be holy and set apart for your purposes and plan — letting nothing from my past hinder or hold me back. I surrender it to You. Please help me to work through my history and take me into a better future!
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Start with one hurt or memory that is holding you back. Ask Jesus to come into that moment and speak truth into it.
- You’ve got a “song to sing” that people need to “hear”! What is that gift or calling? Take a moment each day to ask Jesus to give you the melody.