We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Religion is On the Mic”, part 4 of the DROP THE MIC message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Acts 17:23-31 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- It’s Vacation Bible School week at Destiny! Did you ever go to VBS as a child? If so, share your memories.
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Have you ever had the mentality that you have to do more to earn God’s grace and favor? Why do you think you thought that way?
- Can religion ever be a good thing? Why or why not?
Choose a question to create openness.
- What is it like to find freedom from the treadmill of religion and works?
- How can you help others who are still struggling with a religious works mentality? What do you say to them?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, I thank You for coming and bringing me freedom that I found at the Cross. You love me so much that you completed all the work for me! How can I ever forget? Help me to remember.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
Pastor Shawn gave us 7 things that God is saying about you to put on the mic — one for every day of the week. Take one of these to put on the mic every day!
- When I couldn’t do enough to save MYSELF, Jesus did enough to save me.
- I don’t work for God’s love, but I do good work because I am already fully LOVED by Him.
- Spiritual HABITS can improve our quality of life, but only our Savior can satisfy our soul.
- I am a FRIEND of God.
- The enemy can no longer condemn in me what God has already condemned and crucified on the CROSS.
- I am the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God in Christ.
- I desire to be a carrier of GRACE, not a courier of guilt.