We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Opinion is On the Mic”, part 3 of the DROP THE MIC message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Proverbs 4:20-23 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- The Toyko Olympics have been all over the news and social media feeds. If you had the physical ability, what would you want to medal in?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Do you let opinions have the mic in your life?
- Do you think you are more prone to listen to the enemy speaking to you, your inner circle, the court of public opinion, or your own thoughts?
Choose a question to create openness.
- What do you remember about what Pastor Shawn shared about guarding our hearts?
- What do you remember about garnering God’s opinion of us? What does that mean?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, I want your voice to be the loudest in my life. Not the opinions of others. Help me to guard my heart and garner the truths you speak about me.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
Pastor Shawn gave us 7 things that God is saying about you to put on the mic — one for every day of the week. Take one of these to put on the mic every day!
- I am worth JESUS to God.
- No harm has been done to me that can’t be OVERCOME by the love God has for me.
- There is sin on my record, but my record has been BLOTTED OUT.
- If God says I can, I CAN. What God says I have, I HAVE.
- I am on an ESSENTIAL assignment from God.
- I’m not the sum or my wins and losses. I’m a loved SON/DAUGHTER of the Most High God.
- God is greater than my CIRCUMSTANCE.