We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Comparison is On the Mic”, part 2 of the DROP THE MIC message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Hebrews 12:1-2 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- It’s hot! What’s your favorite summertime activity to do when the temperatures go into the extremes?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What has God called you to do, specifically? What would it mean to run in your lane?
- Do you have FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)? If so, is it causing you to get off course from where God really needs you to be? Where does He want you?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Read through and reflect on the 5 steps given from Hebrews 12 to get comparison off of the mic: SEE the cloud of witnesses cheering us on, RUN in the lane marked out for us, LET GO of sin that we easily fall into, FIX our eyes on Jesus, and FIGHT for my joy and purpose in life. Are there any of those that Holy Spirit spoke to you about?
- Do you struggle with comparison being on the mic? What is the root of it?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, I want to thank You for fighting for my salvation. You set my joy before you and I am forever grateful. Help me to set my eyes on You when my eyes wander to the left or to the right. I want to be found faithful and full of gratitude for all that You have set before me.
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Make this simple prayer part of your routine: “When I’m tempted to turn my head left or right, turn my head upright.” Fix your eyes on Jesus.
Pastor Shawn gave us 7 practical steps to take that we can start right now. Ask Holy Spirit to direct you to any areas that you might need to start practicing, right now:
- Start with GRATITUDE every day.
- Step into God’s PLAN for your life. You’ll be less focussed on others when you do this.
- Don’t pick the BEST person in your discipline to compare with yourself.
- Decipher what you can LEARN from those you respect, rather than how you compare to them.
- Compare progress gained in YOUR LIFE, not just what needs to be achieved.
- Publicly PRAISE the success of others.
- Notice who might be struggling with comparison to YOU and humbly reach out to them.