We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Fear is On the Mic”, part 1 of the DROP THE MIC message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- I Kings 19:1 ESV, Proverbs 4:20 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- It’s Hills Alive Music Festival weekend! Did you attend? What were some of your favorite memories from the weekend?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- After listening to the opening message of this series, what do you think are some of the loudest voices on the mic in your life?
- Why do you think you’ve let those voices, in particular, have the mic?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Have you ever looked at the life of Elijah in the context of his fear? Is it encouraging or discouraging to you to see fear in his story? Why? How did fear affect his choices and momentum?
- Sit and think for a bit. What are some of the things you may have forgotten that God has done in your life.
- Have you ever forecast certain outcomes before they became a reality? Think back to the last time you did this and share.
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, I want to thank You for being my Rock and sure foundation. I can always look to you when I find myself caught up in fear. Help me not to listen to Jezebel’s in my life. Help me to remember your faithfulness and grab a hold of the hope that I can find in you. I do not want to stall or fall-short of your assignment in my life!
Amen and amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
Read through the action steps given at the end of this week’s message and choose one or two to walk out this week.
- Train your spiritual ear to hear the whisper of God. Spend time “practicing His presence” and learning His voice.
- Go back the way you came. In other words, remember what God has already done in your life. He is faithful!
- Anchor your heart in a defiant belief that the spirit of Jezebel is wrong. Don’t believe the lies that you forecast in your mind.
- Proactively engage in your assignment.