We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Eternal Impact Through Everyday People”, part 6 of the Power-FULL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Acts 8 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What are some of your favorite Independence Day memories?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Books and movies and history are full of “savior” stories What are some of your favorite “savior” stories? (Matrix, Avatar, the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, etc…)
- Why do you think these stories are so popular amongst the masses?
- Do you think the average person wants to be “saved” from something?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Do you feel the job of rescuing should fall squarely on Jesus’ shoulders? Or should we somehow be involved? How do you feel about that?
- Are you excited or afraid to bring the Good News to the world?
- If a person is an introvert or doesn’t like talking to strangers, is there still a place for them to share the Good News?
Be bold and pray with power.
“Jesus, how can I better partner with You in sharing the Good News that is You?”
Take a few minutes and allow Jesus to answer this question. It may come in a mental picture, a memory of a story, or something you’ve seen. It may sound like your own internal voice, if it sounds like something Jesus would say (something loving and kind), then it’s probably His voice.
Spend some time, in your own words, asking Jesus to help you to take steps toward a more productive partnership with Him in His plans for you in this world.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Spend a few minutes each day this week and go through the prayer exercise described above. Practice listening to His voice so that you become accustomed to it. Then, in the future, when you are in the noise of your day, you will be more able to hear His voice and respond to the world with the Gospel.