We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Day 1”, part 3 of the Power-FULL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Acts 2 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor and why?
- What ice cream flavor is an abomination and why?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What do you think about the idea that we are an arrow in the Lord’s bow, being set on target for His will? Does that bring you comfort, or do you feel manipulated? Do you feel that you are a pawn or a partner with what God is doing?
- Why might a person feel manipulated by God’s plan for their lives? Is this a valid belief?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Have you taken the time to look back at your life and track Holy Spirit’s guidance in your life to this point in time? If not, please take a minute now to do so.
- What are some areas where you have behaved like a flaming arrow starting a forest fire? When were some times in your history that you can see that Holy Spirit guided you into service for His purposes?
- When you think about those moments, do you feel like a pawn or a partner? Would you ever want to undo those moments so that you could feel more in control of your own destiny?
Be bold and pray with power.
Holy Spirit, thank You for allowing me to be a part of the plan! Thank You for involving me in the intricate workings of Your plan. I am blessed to serve. I pray You would help me to pay better attention and connect more with Your plans for this world. Thank You! Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- As you go out into the world this week, pray as you walk, and ask Holy Spirit to show you the ways He has already built your life for ministry. How He has placed you in your circle of influence for optimal impact on the lives you interact with daily.
- Notice how you might be a part of Holy Spirit drawing others to Jesus.
- Let this week become an exercise in becoming more aware of Holy Spirit’s influence on each day.