We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Strike the Match”, part 2 of the Power-FULL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Acts 2:1-12 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- This Sunday was pretty gray and rainy. What are some of your favorite rainy-day activities?
- What are some of your best rainy-day memories?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Have you historically celebrated Pentecost Sunday? Why or why not?
- In what ways should a modern pentecostal believer celebrate this day?
- Do you feel that Pentecost is as important as Palm Sunday or Resurrection Sunday?
Choose a question to create openness.
- “God’s plans require God’s Power”. What does this statement mean to you in regards to your own calling, or your understanding of what plans God has for your life?
- Have you noticed a change in your life since Holy Spirit began working in your life? Would you like to?
Be bold and pray with power.
Holy Spirit, I don’t want to make a move without Your guidance. I don’t want my future to be planned without You in it. I pray that You would empower me to live out Your plans for me. That You would teach me, train me, fill me… Holy Spirit, I want more of You. I want You to overflow out of me and into the world around me! I’m so glad to be a part of Your plan. Thank you! Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Daily commit to asking Holy Spirit to speak to you and guide you to opportunities for Him to show His power.
- Each day, pay attention to how He works in your life. How He guides you. How He puts you in positions to show the love of Christ — share the Good News, share the Gospel — to the world you live in.