We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Power and Purpose”, part 1 of the Power-FULL message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Acts 1:1-11, Acts 9:1-19 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s the craziest, most random, most unplanned thing you’ve ever done?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- When you think of the word “powerful”, what comes to mind? What kind of people, machines, forces, ideas, do you think are powerful?
- Do you feel that people, in their basic abilities, are powerful? If so, what can take a person’s power away? If not, why?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Do you think falling under Holy Spirit’s authority — submitting to Him — empowers or enslaves the believer? Is there a difference between Holy Spirit-driven empowerment and servitude?
- For what purpose do you believe Holy Spirit empowers us?
Be bold and pray with power.
Holy Spirit, I want to partner with You and Your purposes in my life. I want to submit to You and Your plans. Empower me to do well in the tasks You’ve laid before me. Not for my own gain, but for Your glory and for the benefit of my brothers and sisters. Help me to represent You well in my day-to-day life. Teach me to listen and internalize Your ways. Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Take a few minutes each day this week and pray to Holy Spirit. Ask for Him to speak to you. Sit still and wait for Him to speak. Practice listening more than talking. Then, if you feel Holy Spirit has asked you to do something, do it!