We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Power of Stillness”, with Pastor Patricia Messer.
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Pick a favorite decade and tell us why its your favorite.
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Do you think God is always talking to you? Why do you think that way?
- What is the biggest thing in your life that might be keeping you from hearing God’s voice?
Choose a question to create openness.
- What part of “stillness” bugs you the most? What about it makes you fidget and feel the need to fill time and space with noise and projects?
- What would be your dream “stillness” setting? Couch, chair, blankets, hammock? Candles, sunshine, mountains, rivers? Let your imagination wander to your best stillness spot.
- Is this a space you can create in your life?
- Is this a space you can go to mentally to create stillness within your mind?
Be bold and pray with power.
***Get out a timer of some sort and set it for 60 seconds.
Pray: “Jesus, I am here to listen. Please speak to me.”
***Start timer, sit in the stillness and keep a prayerful attitude for 1 minute.
***Thank God for whatever He shared with you durning your one minute of stillness.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Practice the preceding prayer time each day this week and see if you start hearing from God more clearly.