We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Love the Brotherhood”, part 2 of the ONE message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- 1 Peter 1:22-25; 2:1, 4-5, 16-17 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What is the best part of Spring and why?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What do you think was the motivation for Peter to write 1 Peter 2:16-17 — the theme verse for this series?
- How do you think the original hearers would have responded to this information? What gut reaction do you think people in our current culture have to this same information? Why do you think that?
Choose a question to create openness.
- “He’s not heavy; he’s my brother.” When you find yourself having to help carry a Christian brother or sister, do you tend to despise the work, or do you find joy in serving your family?
- Do you feel that Christians tend to be more like the carrying brother, or the carried brother? Which do they expect to be treated as?
- What would the church look like if everyone that was capable of holding up their siblings, did? What if every hand in the church was put to the same work? What might happen?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, help me to continue to see my brothers and sisters the way You see them. Help me to value them the way You value them. Help me to serve them the way You serve them. The freedom You died for me to enjoy is not an excuse to abandon my family, and I don’t want to ever be that way. So again, Jesus, give me Your vision for the world around me. And, specifically, for my Christian brothers and sisters. Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Ask Holy Spirit to point out relationships where maybe you haven’t been carrying. Ask Holy Spirit if you’ve been allowing others to carry you when really you should be carrying.
- There’s no shame here. No condemnation. But if you feel that you have not been aligned with what Peter wrote, make some plans to change your behavior! And ask Jesus to help you to start changing the way you think and the way you respond to your Christian brothers and sisters.