We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “BE PREPARED: Are Your Gates In Place?”, with Pastor Loren Houltberg.
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Are you enjoying having a single service with all of Destiny worshiping at the same time every Sunday?
- What’s the best part?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Our guest speaker this weekend, Pastor Loren Houltberg, asked the question, “Are your gates are in place?” Have you previously known about the different gates in the wall around Jerusalem, and thereby, our own lives?
- Do you feel this is important information?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Do you feel the Old Testament is more or less valid in our “New Covenant” world?
- How does the understanding of the various gates help you to better understand the different ways God has built your life? How do these gates help you to welcome in the goodness of God? How do these gates help you to shut out enemies? How do they help protect you from the challenges of this life?
Be bold and pray with power.
God, please help me to better understand Your Word. Help me to build personal routines that help me to connect with You daily. Not that I want my relationship with You to ever be “just” routine, but routines help me to do things that are important. You, God, are the most important person in my life, and I want to do whatever I need to connect with You in the ways You designed me to. God, I believe You created me with a plan and with purpose in mind. Help me to achieve the potential You have placed inside of me. Not for my own gain, but to bring glory to Your name. And to invite others into this amazing life that You have brought me into. Thank you! Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Spend some time this week meditating on this subject. Ask Holy Spirit what a good project for you would be. You’ll be encouraged by the answers you get. Holy Spirit is a gentleman. He won’t force you into anything, but He wants to guide you and help you. Opening up your life to Him will allow Him to bring you to the next phase of your life with God.