We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Ultimate Yes”, part 4 of the YES HE CAN! message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Matthew 26:36-46 TPT, Isaiah 53:5 NIV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What was the best part of having the whole Destiny family at one service?
- What did you miss most about not being able to be together during the COVID pandemic?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What does Jesus’ resurrection mean to you? How has it affected your life?
- Do you think that the disciple’s tendency to fall asleep, when they were called to be awake, aware, and praying, is something Christ-followers still struggle with?
Choose a question to create openness.
- When faced with challenges, fear, and temptation, Jesus dropped everything and went to the feet of the Father in prayer. Why do you think, when faced with similar emotions and obstacles, we tend to do the opposite of what Jesus did? Why do we tend to run from God and try to handle our business on our own?
In the end, Jesus said “YES” to the plan of God. He suffered, died, beat death, hell, and the grave, and rose again to bring us to new life with Father God.
- Have you said “YES” to Jesus? Truly? Have you held anything back?
- If so, what is keeping you from giving Jesus your whole “YES”?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, I want to give you my complete, unedited, “YES”! I want to follow You. I want to worship You. I want to do Your will above my own. Your “YES” has done so much for me, and, in response, I can’t help but shout my “YES” to You! Your will in my life, Jesus. Guide me, teach me, use me, spend time with me, show me a better life. Show me Your plans for me. I know You died for me, in my place, as payment for my sin, and I am eternally grateful. I’m Yours! Completely. “YES!” Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Take some time and ponder what it means to stop running from God when your problems mount. What does it look like for you to run to Him during those times? Make a conscious plan. Write it down.
- Take some time to connect with another believer and talk to them about what God has done in your life this week. We, as the Body of Christ, are called to lift and support one another. It is important that we connect with people that will challenge us to stay true to our “YES”.
- If you don’t know what else to do, go to www.mydestiny.family/next. There you will find a few ways to connect with other believers at Destiny, as well as how to plug into classes and groups so that you can be supported by this body – this group of people – that loves you, dearly, and wants to see you succeed in this life, and thrive in your new life with Jesus!