We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Best Yes”, part 2 of the YES HE CAN! message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Luke 4:1-19; 9:51 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What was the last funny video you saw?
- What’s the funniest video you’ve ever seen?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Make a mental list of a bunch of things that an “I Do” (or a YES) at a wedding is really saying “NO” to.
- Do you think most people understand the power that a YES can really have? Why or why not?
Choose a question to create openness.
- What do you think might be a reason we limit our YES to Jesus?
- Do you feel your YES to Jesus is limited? If so, in what ways?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, I don’t want to hold back from You. I don’t want my YES – or lack thereof – to limit the relationship that we can have. I want to be as close to You as I can. Help me to put aside whatever it is in my life that is keeping me from truly following You. Jesus, I want my YES to be so BIG that NO doesn’t even have to be in my vocabulary. Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Ask Holy Spirit to start pointing out what parts of your life might not be part of your YES.
- Each day this week, spend some time exploring what your YES to Jesus truly means.