We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Biggest Yes”, part 1 of the YES HE CAN! message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Genesis 12:1-4a, Acts 9:11-17, 2 Corinthians 1:20A ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Last week was Destiny’s 23rd birthday! What are some of your favorite birthday-centric memories?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
Remember a time when you were a child when you asked an adult for something special, but you didn’t think that they would say yes in a million years? But then, they did say yes!
- What did the asking of the question feel like?
- What did hearing “yes” feel like?
- How did it feel to have or do the thing you asked for?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Do you feel Christianity is more about the things you can’t do or the things you can do?
- Do you feel that God spends more time telling you “no” or “yes”?
- Why do you think those two answers were what they were?
- Do you think you have an accurate view of the “cans” and “can’ts” of following Jesus?
Be bold and pray with power.
- Jesus! Help me to learn to allow my “yes” to You to be bigger than any other “yes” in my life. God, I know the full plan for my life isn’t for me to know, at this time. I know that if You showed me the full plan, I would be terrified. But God, I do pray you would help my unbelief, my distrust in You. Help me to rely on You to empower my “yes” to You. I want to be obedient. And I want to experience all You have for me. Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Spend a little time each day this week just praying and asking God for opportunities to say “yes” to His plans for you. Opportunities to love others, to reach out, and to bring friendship and healing.