We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “You’ve Got Talent!”, part 6 of the CIRCLING THE SUN message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Luke 2:39-40; 51-52, Matthew 25:14-29 NIV, Colossians 3:17 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- It’s been COLD! What are some things you do to get by when it gets this cold?
- What is your favorite “cold times” memory from childhood?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What things are you most passionate about? Friends, family, sports, and hobbies?
- What about these things is so special to you?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Do you feel that you are growing in the areas you are passionate about?
- Do you feel that you are growing spiritually? Personally? Relationally?
- If not, what would it take for you to begin growing in these areas?
Be bold and pray with power.
- Father God, thank You for Your fingerprints on my life. Thank You for creating me with interests and abilities. Thank You for placing gifts in me. Please help me — teach m –, to not waste those gifts, but to cultivate them and grow them for Your glory! Thank You, Lord. Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Evaluate and Identify: take some time this week to honestly evaluate your life and identify your God-given talent.
- Plan and Invest: set some goals or make some plans to begin to invest and grow those talents.
- Move: set those plans into motion and begin to work towards those goals.