We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Crewmates”, part 5 of the CIRCLING THE SUN message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Proverbs 13:20 ESV, Ephesians 2:19 TPT, Acts 4:19-35 TPT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- How do you feel about Valentine’s Day?
- Do you know the story of St. Valentine? How has that impacted your views of the importance of freedom of religion and the importance of marriage relationships? (If you don’t know the story, do a quick search online. It’s short but fascinating.)
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Do you feel that you have a good group of people surrounding you on this journey around the sun?
- Is something/someone missing from that group that is needed?
- Is someone missing from the group that needs the group? Do you need to invite them into the circle?
Choose a question to create openness.
- If you were (or are) standing on the outside of companionship — of relationship — what would you want someone on the inside of companionship to say to you? What words would make you feel welcome and wanted?
- Do you feel that you are a naturally welcoming type of person? If not, what can you do to make others, that want to be near you, feel welcome near you?
Be bold and pray with power.
- Jesus, help me to see who I need in my life. I recognize that we weren’t designed to do life alone. Help me to welcome those You have for me into my life. Help me to break down overly-thick walls and allow friendship intimacy more than I have before. Help me to become the friend that my friends need me to be. Jesus, I thank You for providing relationships for me. Both with You and with others. Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Spend time this week meditating on the idea that you need people in your life. That you aren’t an island.
- Meditate on the idea that others need you, too!
- Let’s continue to do the 2-and-2-4-Hope challenge…