We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “We Are the Body of Christ”, with Pastor Derick Brown.
- 1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What is your favorite influential moment from film or television? Why is that so important to you?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Why do you think the church seems to have turned on itself in recent weeks?
- Do you feel it was an appropriate response to what has been going on in our world?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Why do you think God has chosen to work through the church, rather than just do what He wants on His own?
- Romans 12:3 NLT: “Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.”
- What freedom can be found in an honest evaluation of oneself?
- Does this type of self-evaluation lend itself to positive or negative self esteem?
- What do you think it means by “measure yourselves by the faith God has given us”?
Be bold and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, I’m not perfect. I know I do well in [fill in the blank] areas. I know I need to grow in [fill in the blank] areas. I know I am a child of the One true God, and as such, I have value and position that I have not earned, but enjoy nonetheless. For that, I am humbled and eternally thankful. Help me to not waste this gift. Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Spend some time meditating on God’s directives from Romans 12.
- Ask Holy Spirit to help you to honestly evaluate your strengths and weaknesses using Romans 12 as a guideline.
- Celebrate your victories with Jesus. And celebrate your weaknesses as opportunities for Jesus to shine through in your life.