We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Invitation Is On the Table”, part 3 of the CIRCLING THE SUN message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- John 17:3 TPT; Genesis 5:21-24 ESV; Hebrews 11:5-6 NIV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- If you were all-powerful, as God, what would you do differently?
- Would it work?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Let your imagination run wild. What would it be like if you could, today, physically — like Enoch — walk with God? Where would you go? What would you talk about? What would He be like? What would His answers to your questions be?
Choose a question to create openness.
- When are some times in your life that God definitely moved you to a specific place, at a specific time, for a specific reason?
- How do you feel about those times? Are you thankful that God used you? Are you frustrated that God is in control of your life? Honesty is important. And being frustrated with God is allowed. He’s a BIG, BIG GOD. He can handle it.
Be bold and pray with power.
- Voice your concerns and frustrations to God. Be honest. Be raw. Get angry. if need be. Again, He can handle it. And He welcomes honesty. You can’t hide your feelings from Him anyway.
- Ask God to help you to better understand His ways. Ask Him to clarify why He sends you where He does, when He does.
- Pray that God gives you peace over the places you find yourself this week.
- Ask your Heavenly Father to help you to find joy in the journey He has put you on.
- Spend some time thanking God for specific things that He has done in your life recently, and in the past.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Each day this week, find some time to pray over those prayer points.
- Pay attention to how your lists change. Notice how you spend less time on the first points and more time on the latter points.
- Continue with us in the 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting.
Work on the three challenges from this series:
- Write in your “travel book” and journal what God speaks to you.
- Remember that you are small, but God is big.
- Ask God for wisdom.